Become an AIP Member
All indoor play centres in the UK should be Members of the Association of Indoor Play.
Why Join the Association?
- Be part of the collective industry voice
- Have up-to-the-minute information and a pulse on the industry
- Give input to Government guidance
- Receive recommended guidance set by the Association for it's Members
- Chat with other indoor playcentre owners who share your challenges and can offer solutions (we have a closed Facebook Forum for Members)
- Save money on insurance, F&B, Consumables, Credit Cards, EPOS and play equipment & maintenance via our exclusive Trade Member deals
- Raise your profile as an Operator
- Be promoted on Social Media
- Get access to a documents and templates for Sector lobbying through COVID and for the operational running of your business
- Join regular online seminars (via Zoom) covering a range of topics
- Enjoy Podcasts
- Get certified with the Visit England to the "Go to Go" scheme
- Have support with your HR
- Attend Regional Meeting and Events
- Receive a weekly dedicated Newsletter
In 2022 the Association will be launching the first ever Accreditation Scheme for Indoor Playcentres in the United Kingdom.
Who can join AIP?
Membership is for single and multi-site indoor play operators in the United Kingdom inclusive of Farm Parks, Role Play, Baby Sensory and play cafes. Indoor play operators with other mixed activities are also welcome.
If you are a supplier to the industry, in whatever sector, please see more about our Trade Partner Membership HERE
Membership for Existing Operators (already trading)
For companies already trading/operational (i.e. open to the public), Annual Membership is £150 per year for a single site operator (of any size) and £200 for multi-site operators (regardless of number of sites).
Membership for Future Operators (not trading yet)
- a one-to-one half hour consultation an experienced operator
- access to our Trade Member offers
- access to the Operators Facebook Group (read only)
- weekly newsletter, access to zoom library and podcasts as well as calls and regional meetings.